Friday, September 14, 2012

A New Journey

A bit before Cata launched, I rolled a human female Warlock named Kittale. I rolled her on a new sever, on a faction I hadn't played since I first picked up WoW. I had no desire to actually get her all the way to 80, and ended up ditching her around level 30. Soon after Cata came out, I went back to her, and actually leveled her all the way to 85. I had a blast! It was so much fun taking my time and reading the quests, and playing the Alliance side of things for a change.
Sadly, soon after I reached 85, I grew tired of the Warlock class, and ended up deleting her. This was after I had brought the vast majority of my Horde characters over to Stormrage. I never once thought about her after that. I think I had a GM undelete her at one point, but she just ended up being disposed of again a mere month or so later.
Why am I telling you this? Because I have once again decided to level another Warlock. Not on Alliance, and not without heirlooms, but on my 'main' server. It took me a while to decide on a race for this Warlock. I rolled an Undead, an Orc, and at one point, a Troll. I ended up making a mental list that went something like this:

Orcs:
Annoying casting animations (I prefer them strictly as melee or Hunters.)
I can't stand female Orcs in dresses. Just does not look right.
I can't give them a sexy transmog because they aren't.. well, sexy in that sense.

Troll:
Also have annoying casting animations. My Shadow Priest was Troll for a bit.. bleh.
That two-toed thing.. I may end up race changing my Druid in MoP because of that.
The way they walk - hate it, hate it, hate it. They just look ridiculous!
Not enough choices for hairstyles/faces/etc. I like variety, not looking like everyone else.

Undead:
Don't particularly like the female's casting animations. They're different.. but meh.
Can't sexily transmog them when their bones stick out everywhere.
I'm not very fond of Undead females. I used to have a male Undead mage: love them a lot.

So then it came to Goblins vs Blood Elves. I like Goblins (my SPriest is one herself), but I didn't feel like going through their whole starting zone again.. Not to mention they're so tiny that it's hard to make a great transmog on them.
That left me with Blood Elves. After all that, I finally decided. I used to love Blood Elves, they were my favorite race Horde side. Anymore, I think the vast majority of my toons Horde side are Orcs. Never saw that one happening, but they have grown on me. I still wish I had made my second Warrior an Orc rather than a Blood Elf. More fitting..
Anyways, I am now leveling a Blood Elf Warlock named Heartsonfire. I will just be questing with maybe a few dungeons thrown in here and there, but I really want to see how long it takes me to hit 85 - eventually 90. This will be a fun journey I hope!

I also have been unable to get accustomed to the whole TukUI set up.. I think I will go back to my boring and bland Dominos set up. I can't stand having my VuhDo to the side and my Portrait/health frames down towards my action bars. Can't get used to it, sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment