Monday, September 24, 2012

Saying Goodbye to Cataclysm

Here I am, on the morning before Mists of Pandaria, and not even a piece of me is excited. I really want to be excited, I really do, but I just can't seem to muster up that emotion. I think I'm afraid of the new changes that are coming; afraid that the game I've grown to love is going to be so different that I won't want to play it anymore.
When Cataclysm was a week away, I was so excited that I could barely contain myself. I remember trying to get my copy at midnight so I could play it as the servers went live. I didn't get it at that time, but when I did get it, I was shaking with excitement to play.
Since Blizzard announced their new installment for WoW, I've been trying to get excited. I've been trying so hard, but I just can't shake the feeling that I may not like the changes. I don't know how I feel about a Harvest Moon type game in the MMO I've grown to love. I don't know how I'll like the new raids, talents, abilities, or even if I'll like Monks. I putted around on the Beta a couple days here and there (though I tried mostly to stay away as to not ruin the game) and the game felt so... different. Not a bad different necessarily, but it seemed like a whole different game.

I won't miss Cataclysm. A piece of me might, but overall, I barely even liked this expansion. I PvPed most of the way through to stay away from the raiding scene. I had worn myself out on raiding in Wrath, I didn't want to do it again. My friends called me back to their server, and they wanted me to raid. I raided DS every week since January until the first week of September. I saw Heroic Spine so many times, that that fight is embedded behind my eyeballs. We didn't necessarily kill him every week, most of the people in our group decided to slack off by then. Raiding was a huge headache.
I don't even know what the new raids look like. I have barely tried playing a Monk. I am extremely iffy on the new factions, pet battles, and the 'create your own farm' deal. I hope when I get to play after classes tomorrow that I'll have more fun than I'm anticipating. This game has always had a special place in my heart, and I really hope they didn't mess up what I've grown to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment